8/24/12 home sick with a cold

Have you ever had one of those days... Ya its one of those days for me today. As I sit here in the dark because I have a really bad headache (Yes, I know I should open the blind, but the burns us!!!) I think about all the things I want in my life, all the things I have done & all the OCD cleaning I want to do. Yes, even sick I want a clean house. I can't help it. I think of the floors that need mopping, the oven that is in my opinion in desperate needs of a good scrubbing, what I should through out of the fridge, how long it would take me to shampoo the carpets, if I could get Clay out of the house for at lest 5 hours with Hank, I could get most of it done. Being sick makes my ODC worse. I have time to abscess about all the things I normally dont have time to think about.

I have this habit of  making to do lists. I try to limit myself to 10-12 things only because otherwise I go a little over board. I have more then once made a 100 item to do list for a two day weekend. o.0


On top of all this I have this feeling like I have done nothing for two days because I went home sick yesterday & called into day. I know that when my teeth hurt & I taste metal in my mouth that no amount of brushing will take away, its time to take pain meds & hide in a dark, quite corner till the pain goes away & I can see again Yes, I have migraines so bad I have lost my sight, no the doctors don't know what is causing them & I don't think the one doc even cared to find out at all. They have been less frequent since I found out that I am allergic to corn syrup & have removed it from my diet. (Sigh, my dear sweet love Dr. Pepper I will miss thee.) I have even lost weight, which is a plus, but do you know how many things have corn syrup in them? Tones. You really have to read labels to find it. And Since its a "natural" food product (Bull!!!) its also labeled as organic. Which if you ask me should totally be removed. How can you call something that has been, in most cases, chemically altered organic? Plus, just because its made from corn does not mean its good for you! I know a lot of poisons that are made from plants that will kill you all the same. (Looks at what she just said & slowly gets off the soap box.)

Sigh, I digress. I have changed three jobs in the past three months. I stopped working at my first job because of personal reasons & the fact that I was not being paid what I should have been. The second I quite because I did not like the people I worked with, I mean if a client asks how long I have been working IT & I answer him truthfully for 13 years, (which I have), that is not bragging & telling me to be more humble about it... Well lets just say I wanted to tell the guy kiss my day-glow ... (Cough!). Ya, needless to say I had another job lined up within the day. The third (hopefully the last) I am really enjoying. I really like the people I work with. Its really challenging, but that's what I wanted. I will get the hang of one thing & then they through me on to another thing. LOL! I even have had my first project. It was really fun & I think I really showed them what I am capable of. I really would like to feel like I know every detail again, (hate being the new guy) but I know its just a mater of time & they have (not even remotely kidding) over 4,000 programs they support. Can we say "its time to trim the fat?" But hey every call if different & every call is a chance to get that much better at my job.

I found out that when Clay retired from the ARMY we were setup with benefits. Med & dental. Well hell! No one bothered to tell me that. GGGGRRRR!!!! I was really happy to find out, but pissed that no one bothered to let us known. I could have saved us money & time if I had. Sigh, live, learn & get even as I say. :D I have a doc app next week, a dental next month & a chiropractic next weekend. So can't wait for the chiro. Hopefully that will help with some of the headaches. My Mom recommended this chiropractor. She seems really nice, she makes at home visits, doesn't cost an arm & a leg & mom says she really helped her. OK, since mom has a klowt score (with me any way) of like 250, I contacted the lady, made the app for both Clay & I. Filled out the paper-work she requested (which is more then my last chiro wanted). I will let you know, after the visit, how it goes.

So much has happened in the past couple of months its hard to know where to start. So I will start in January of this year. I got a job offer, told my then boss about it & gave my two weeks, he asked me to stay for a day shift & my agency offered a $1 raise with another $1 raise in three months. I stayed because I really liked my job, the people I worked with & I was getting paid to make sweaters & watch movies at work what more could a girl want? Well two days later I get told that they are letting all the employees go & they wanted to keep me to train in the new temps. I felt like Judas, let me tell you. I hated it but I stuck it out for two more months of 3-12am (notice no days), I then told my boss that I was going to start looking again. He told me that he would have me on days at the end of April. It was the end of May & still no days yet. No raise ether. I was torn between doing what I wanted & my loyalty to the people I work with. Let me tell you it was no easy choice to make. To this day I still wonder if I should have stayed. 

I started my new job, hated every min of it, there literally was no training. No script, no nothing. Third day there they wanted me to take calls, I could do what needed to be done pc wise, but they wanted me to, verbatim, say the script for which I was not told I needed to do nor told what was expected of me on the call or hell what I was suppose to say. On top of that the lady that was trying to train me in, whom had never trained anyone & had only bee there for two months herself, was flailing about like a mad woman behind me & instead of asking me to ask the customer to hold was trying to take my call from me. My nerves frayed beyond crying at that moment I gave her the call gladly. Then she had the nerve to say I was being defensive about the way she was training me. You bet your sweet setup I was being defensive. Hey lady you set me up to fail & then tried to make it look like I was the one at fault. By the end of the week I got pulled into a conference room, told I am not humble enough & that the lady that was trying to train me felt horrible about tell my boss that I was too arrogant to let her train me. I could have spit nails. I was so mad I wanted to cry & nearly did. So I told him every thing that had happened & he denied all of it which sealed the deal for me. I saw the writing on the wall for what it was. 

I accepted the job offer for another company by the end of the day. My current one to be exact. Went on a two week vacation that I needed in so many ways, but got sick by the second day with a really bad cold. It was the end of June. Clay & I wen to Tettegouche state park. I lost my voice on the first day we were there. By day three I woke with a fever & Clay saying we had to go because he was getting sick too. Came home, got better & clean house (no sup-prize there) both physically & mentally. 

I started work for the new comp on July 9th, right way it felt like a better fit. I got on great with the others. I have used most of the systems the comp uses. I even remembered some old tricks. So far so good. Made a death by chocolate cake for one of my co-worker birthday's. We even have a BBQ set up for next month. I'm really looking forward to it. 


Here's hopping that my life is on an upward climb. We paid off the mini, I will have my car paid off by my birthday of this year & I am plotting to meet a really dear friend in Ireland next year. So things are looking up.




No comments:

Post a Comment